Sep 17, 2009

Is that a Canadian flag?

My husband and I were walking down one of the small side streets leading away from our hotel towards I can't remember what when he says "Did you just see a Canadian flag?"

It was shortly after we had arrived in Paris so my brain was still rather fuzzy.

We backed up a few steps to see a small alley way off to the left. And yes, sure enough, there was a Canadian flag.

Intrigued, we walked down the very narrow street only to discover AB Bookshop / Librairie Canadienne (29, rue de la Parcheminerie). I highly recommended a trip inside.

On Friday, I popped in to see what they had to offer. I left after nearly an hour of searching the children's schedule with a Caillou book, an english version of a Babar book and of course, a book on hockey (The Moccasin Goalie). It was all I could do not to buy the beautiful copy of "The Hockey Sweater" but I resisted.

Yes, I could have bought the same books from Amazon for probably less money, but there is something unique and patriotic about supporting a fellow countryman abroad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment