Sep 17, 2009

If you go to Paris, you must go to the Moulin Rouge!

My husband from the start of our trip planning wanted to go see a show in Paris.

The two obvious choices were the best known ones, the Moulin Rouge and the Crazy Horse.

As we walked towards the Crazy Horse, we headed up through the Fashion District that had quite a number of very well dressed folks compared to our tired and sweaty selves.

We discussed whether we wanted to see a Moulin Rouge show or a Crazy Horse show. They cost about the same but honestly, I was more inclined to see the Moulin Rouge as the Crazy Horse is known more as a gentleman's show than mixed company.

So off we went to Montmarte and the Moulin Rouge.

When I was preparing for Paris, I wanted to buy a new camera. I ended up buying a FZ28. It has a special film mode where you can take shots like those taken by old pinhole cameras. When I finally got my camera, all I could think about was what the Moulin Rouge sign would look like the lense of a pin hole camera. Stupid I know, but you know small things amuse small minds.

Photobucket

The shot!

So while my husband reserved our Moulin Rouge tickets, I got my much anticipated shots. The reality wasn't as fun as I had imagined but I still had fun, despite being hot and tired.

Photobucket


Its a fairly simple looking place. Somehow I expected something more spectular given the lavish show that is put on when you watched the revue.


There is also a huge air vent just to the left and behind where this shot is taken. I'm assuming it is air forced up out of the Metro because there is a Metro stop in the same area. For whatever reason, people (read tourists) like to stand on the vent and recreate Marilyn Monroe's Seven Year Itch scene (the air blowing up her dress).


Why isn't there a picture of that? I was too busy eating my lunch (by this time it was nearly 2pm and we had had breakfast at 9am and walked a LONG way) and trying to make my feet stop hurting as we still had to head up the street (about a 20 minute walk) to Sacre Coeur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment