Sep 17, 2009

I take you to Paris and you order a hamburger?!

After we reserved our Moulin Rouge tickets, we were starving. Its amazing when you are walking so much, how often you forget to eat...if only this happened more often.

We headed over the cafe across from the Moulin Rouge as we wanted to headed over Sacre Coeur before we headed back home for dinner.

I was starving and for whatever reason, I was desperate for a hamburger. I can't explain it but I was looking for something familar. My husband upon hearing what I wanted to order, he exclaimed "I take you to Paris and you order a hamburger?!"

Yes. that is a hamburger with an egg and no bun. I didn't order it this way, that's how it arrived. Paging Dr. Atkins? And do you want to know how much this cost? About 14€...21$US but worth every penny in my book.

Photobucket

There is an air vent across the street from the Rouge, that appears to be a tourist favourite. It must be a vent that pumps hot air out of the Metro below. Everyone seemed to want to stand on top of the vent and re-enact the Marilyn Monroe pose from the Seven Year Itch.

I only wish I could have stopped inhaling my burger or whining about my sore feet to get a picture of this.

Also of note, I had to pay ,20€ (about 35 cents) to use the restaurant toilet. I lost ,20€ by using two ,10€ pieces instead of one ,20€ coin. The restaurant reimbursed me. Thankfully, I was not in deperate need of the toilet or it might have been very bad.

Did I mention that just about every restaurant has their bathroom in the basement? Sore legs, having to pee and nearly 90 degree inclined stairs equal agony for yours truly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment